Thoughts for Laurren in Forney....

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Table' started by HeatherMama, Sep 11, 2007.

Register to become a member. It's Free
  1. HeatherMama

HeatherMama Senior Member

My girls are both in cheer & drill in Forney. We just learned that one of the 6th grade cheerleaders, Laurren Smith, was diagnosed just 2 weeks ago with bone cancer. I just do not know what I would do, how I would cope if my child were in the same position. So I want to help in any way possible. Prayers, good thoughts or well wishes are nice. You can visit her site which is updated frequently.

Also, the community has a couple of things planned to help the family, if anyone is nearby and could make it to any of the events:

9/16 - Care United in Forney is hosting a Car Wash fundraiser from 12-4pm

9/19 - Blood Drive at Fellowship Baptist Church in Forney 4-8pm

9/21-22 - Garage Sale Fundraiser at 100 E Bowie St. (If you have any items to donate - no clothes or toys - bigger type items, PM me for the contact info)

9/22 - Chick Fil A in Forney - ALL DAY Just mention Laurren Smith when you order and a portion of the sales will go to help Laurren and her family

Please pass this info along to anyone you know who would be interested. It just breaks my heart to see the family going through such a horrible experience. Please take a moment to stop by Laurren's site and sign her guestbook. :) I know it would make her day to know how many people care about her.

2. Chelsea

Chelsea Senior Member Plus

:( Things like this make me so sad. I am praying for Laurren. :pray
  3. Chera25

Chera25 Senior Member Plus

4. mom2cuties

mom2cuties Senior Member Plus

aww, this is so sad, she is a beautiful girl! I will keep her site bookmarked. I noticed where she is being treated, this is where my son was treated as well, the Oncologists there are just amazing.

Will keep her in our prayers! :hug:hug
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  5. Melanie

Melanie Senior Member Plus

:pray It is horrible to hear about someone being diagnosed with cancer but it just kills me when I hear about a child getting it.
  6. jeniryan3

jeniryan3 Senior Member

She will certainly be in my prayers. I'm sure I'll be able to make it to several of the events. :hug
  7. ChristinaChic

ChristinaChic Senior Member Plus

Thanks for posting this! She goes to our church and our school....and it really is heartbreaking. :(
  8. hollyf

hollyf Senior Member Plus

9. RenCareBear

RenCareBear Senior Member Plus

Cancer is just so horrible especially in kids. Bone cancers usually react very well to treatment from what I know which is a good amount since I almost went through this not to long ago (close call). Hopefully it hasn't spread and she will be living a normal life again shortly. I bet she has a wonderful orthopaedic oncologist since this is one of the best areas anywhere for them! I wish her all the luck in her recovery!

eta-Ok after looking at her site I found the picture section and I know her doctor, small world. He is very knowledgeable!
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  10. frogmom

frogmom Senior Member Plus

oh wow...I'll definitely be praying for her.
  11. HeatherMama

HeatherMama Senior Member

Thanks mamas. It means alot. My girls each bought a little pin to wear at their games, its has a pic of a little cheerleader and says "Go, Fight Cancer, Win!" Cute and gets the point across. Keep those thoughts and prayers coming, I know they all help.
  12. MrsBlueEyes

MrsBlueEyes Senior Member Plus

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  13. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member Plus

So very sad!!!! :hug
  14. Susie

Susie Senior Member Plus

15. Becca

Becca Senior Member Plus

Saw her on the news this AM, she was a gorgeous little girl. :(
  16. Crystal A

Crystal A Senior Member Plus

How awful. Many prayers for her family. :( :pray
  17. MandyD

MandyD Senior Member Plus

18. RenCareBear

RenCareBear Senior Member Plus

:cry Very tragic. Many :hug :hug :hug to her family and friends!!
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  19. hollyf

hollyf Senior Member Plus

:( :hug and :pray to any and all who knew her!