Mall Walking Distances

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty and Fitness' started by Purple, Jan 18, 2010.

Advertising

Register to become a member. It's Free
  1. Purple

Purple Senior Member Plus

I thought it'd be helpful to have a list of the area malls and any info they have for mall walkers.

The Grapevine Mills website states that their mall is 1 mile from start to end.
    Town East Mall's website says that they open at 8am for walkers and 4 times around the top level (not food court) is 2 miles).
    Northpark has a walking map on their site. If you go all the routes, you will walk 2.72 miles.
    The Shops at Willow Bend says, "The distance between Macy's and Dillard's is approximately one-quarter mile one-way (this does not include the distance that circles the Food Court)."

Anyone wanna help compile a list? I'll add to the OP with any that are posted. :)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  2. Advertising

3. Chera25

Chera25 Senior Member Plus

Do you (or anyone else) know if that means from one end to the other or if you make a complete circle?

4. Purple

Well, it actually said "start to end," so I'd assume that means a complete circle. I'll correct the wording. :)

5. LilysMama

LilysMama Senior Member Plus

Just found this about Willowbend - "The distance between Macy's and Dillard's is approximately one-quarter mile one-way (this does not include the distance that circles the Food Court)." (http://www.shopwillowbend.com/infodesk/FAQ.html#325)

Mall Hours

Mon-Fri: 10:00 AM until 9:00 PM
    Saturday: 10:00 AM until 9:00 PM
    Sunday: 12:00 PM until 6:00 PM

Mall doors open two hours before scheduled store openings for walking.

6. Chera25

Chera25 Senior Member Plus

Thanks! :thumbup

7. Jackie

Jackie Senior Member Plus

the grapevine mills one is inaccurate. I used to train there, and my nike+ read it as between 3/4 mile and 1 mile. I can't remember the exact nr as it's been a whle since I walked there.

8. Purple

I'm buying Runkeeper tonight and next time I go there, I'll see what it says, too. Hopefully it'll track it even indoors...if not, I might need to get a new iPhone so I can get Nike+ for accuracy's sake. :giggle

9. HolleyBerry

HolleyBerry Senior Member

Were you walking the outer corridors at GM like near Books-A-Million/Rainforest and near Gameworks? Would that make that much of a difference in the measuring?

10. Jackie

you could just get an ipod nano to use with it :)

11. Jackie

while training for the 3day, i was trying to get as close to 20 miles in one day as possible, so i literally walked EVERY single area that I could. Once I realized how small the distance was at that mall, I started walking THROUGH the large stores like burlington just to add milage. Because, as i'm sure you can imagine, walking around GVM 20 times in a row didn't sound appealing :lol

12. Purple

Shush, you.

Advertising