~ How often do you cook? ~

Discussion in 'Front Page Polls' started by Jamie, Jul 11, 2011.

Advertising

Register to become a member. It's Free
?

How many nights a week do you make a home cooked meal for dinner?

1. None. I'd rather not poison my family with my cooking.

5 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. At least once a week

9 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. At least twice

13 vote(s)
    6.2%
  4. At least three times a week

22 vote(s)
    10.5%
  5. At least four times a week

48 vote(s)
    23.0%
  6. At least five times a week

49 vote(s)
    23.4%
  7. At least six times a week

32 vote(s)
    15.3%
  8. Every.Single.Night.

19 vote(s)
    9.1%
  9. Usually multiples nights, but it depends on schedules/activities

26 vote(s)
    12.4%
  10. We tend to eat out more, but I'll cook a couple times.

7 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jamie

Jamie Senior Member Plus

How many nights a week do you cook dinner at home? It's multiple choice.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  2. Advertising

3. nikkilou

nikkilou Senior Member Plus

I try too cook at least 5 nights a week. If I'm having one of those days we will usually have a sandwich or pop in a frozen pizza. I love to eat out, but it's really so expensive and I feel like at home I can watch my portion control more and eat a bit healthier.

4. Night Owl

Night Owl Senior Member Plus

It kind of depends on what we are defining as "cooking."
    I cook almost every night, but a lot of it is easy convenient stuff- not traditional home cooked meals.

5. Night Owl

Night Owl Senior Member Plus

6. Helen B

Helen B Senior Member Plus

I chose 4 nights/wk, which is prob about right (sometimes a little more or less), but the other 3 nights we are usually eating leftovers from the other meals I cooked.

7. Jamie

Jamie Senior Member Plus

I try to cook 5 nights a week. When it's soccer/play/gymnastics/dance/etc. season, it's harder. But I still try. And weekends we like to go out to eat. (Friday and Saturday)

8. anndee1mom

anndee1mom Senior Member

I got lucky b/c my DH does the VAST majority of cooking in our house. (For a couple reasons - 1. He enjoys it, 2. He gets home before DS & I do, 3. I don't have enough patience to cook "fancy" meals like he does. .... but I will cook on occassion. (Though it's typicallly easy-to-make stuff.)

I'm the type to burn boiling water :bag so it's probably safer for him to be the cook in our house.

9. ASanders

ASanders Senior Member Plus

It really varies on the week, but on average 5 nights a week.

10. Crystal A

Crystal A Senior Member Plus

:yeah:lol

11. mrl2611

mrl2611 Senior Member Plus

Out of a given month I will cook every night but one or two. During summer- I fix breakfast, lunch and dinner 99% of the days too. I am always in the kitchen.

12. gamoses

gamoses Senior Member Plus

we have dinner together at home 6 nights a week
    the kids and i eat fast food on Wednesday between soccer and church
    none of it is "home cooked" from scratch, though. i'm the convenience-meal type. :-)

13. Susan

Susan Senior Member Plus

I cook 6 nights a week and we usually eat out/order in on Friday nights.

14. gradtchr

gradtchr Senior Member Plus

We try to cook in at least 6 times a week and eat out once although depending on sheer chaos that might be a little different each week. There are weeks we don't go out at all, and there are weeks we bring stuff in 4 times. But average I'd say we cook in this house 6 times a week.

15. Paula

Paula Senior Member Plus

:yeah

16. Jamie

Jamie Senior Member Plus

Oh, I am so a convenience-meal type. I don't mean everything has to be from scratch. But I don't mean that every meal is from a box or a bag, either.

17. meighan

meighan Senior Member Plus

I cook something almost every night. We do go out once in a while, but it's never a set day every week (and more often we'll go out for lunch instead of dinner). Lately it's been a lot of crock pot and frozen stuff since I've been so busy with work and the girls, but I hope to get back to making actual from-scratch meals soon. As does my husband. ;)

18. Jewel6599

Jewel6599 Senior Member Plus

On average, I "cook" dinner about 3 times a week. Typically, it's Mon. and Thurs. (with leftovers Tues. and Fri.). We eat at church on Wed. nights. DH or I typically cook on Sat. nights - normally more convenience type stuff then. We only go out on Sun. for lunch (and that's not every week) and sometimes on Fri. nights. I cook breakfast and lunch (using "cooking" loosely) here at the house most days.

19. Nikki

Nikki Senior Member Plus

I cook or prepare a meal almost every single night. lol.
    4 nights its probably a real meal from scratch, the rest of the time its simple things like a grilled cheese & tomato soup.
    We eat dinner out maybe once or twice a month.
    My husband travels for his job so he hates to eat out since he is forced to eat out half of the month. I made lifestyle changes that dont jive with eating out, gall bladder removal has made me extremely sensitive to ALL fast food type places and a lot of restaurants as well. Then lastly, having a family of 5 eating dinner out all the time is so expensive I just cant justify it. Its not enjoyable to me to pay $60 for a meal at Chili's for example that isnt even all that good. Just cant do it.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  20. Native Texan

Native Texan Senior Member Plus

I cook approximately four nights a week. We have leftovers or sandwiches the other nights. We eat out for dinner about twice a month. Dd and I will have a play date/lunch date 3-4 times per month.

21. Alison79

Alison79 Senior Member Plus

Pretty much every night. I cook M-Th nights and DH usually cooks on the weekends. Right now we have 4 adults and 6 kids in the house so leftovers never happen unless we triple the recipe. Tuesdays we have an evening activity so I usually do a crockpot recipe.

Advertising