Dried Syrup on Carpet??

Discussion in 'Home Matters' started by mrl2611, Feb 25, 2009.

Advertising

Register to become a member. It's Free
  1. mrl2611

mrl2611 Senior Member Plus

How can I remove dried syrup on carpet? Someone trickled syrup all down my hallway during the holidays and I have scrubbed it twice now and I still see a dark line down my hallway. I have used resolved and Shout advanced with scrub brushes. Any other suggestions?

2. Advertising

3. 3apples

3apples Senior Member Plus

no experience, but i wonder if some kid of "oxy" solution might work? syrup is usually a natural product... (?)

4. simplyme

simplyme Senior Member Plus

I'd take a very warm soapy rag and just let it sit on the spots for a while and that way it will make the dried syrup liquid again, then blot as much up as you can with dry rags and then try your carpet solutions after that. You might try folex, it's a good carpet cleaner

5. ReneeElise

ReneeElise Senior Member

I used to work in the flooring industry and the best cleaner on the market can be purchased at The Home Depot or Lowe's - it's called Motsenbocker's Lift Off. They make several different varieties for different types of stains. Really hot, clean water on clean rags should help to thin it out and lift it up, first - you may need to blot it and leave the soaking wet rags on top of it for awhile before you start blotting. If you have a very stiff scrub brush that will not ruin your carpet fibers that will help - try working from the base of the carpet straight upward, instead of scrubbing in side to side motions.

It will be important to get all of it out. Even if the syrup is no longer leaving a discolored stain, any sticky residue will collect other dirt and fibers making a new "stain" appear.

Good luck!!!

6. Caseymae82102

Caseymae82102 Senior Member Plus

Advertising