~ Deleting Threads/Posts ~

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Jamie, Mar 7, 2013.

Advertising

Register to become a member. It's Free
  1. Jamie

Jamie Senior Member Plus

Just an FYI,

If you would like a post or thread deleted, the best way to do this is to flag it/report it. You do that by clicking on the Yellow "Yield" Sign with the Exclamation Mark in it. It is in the top right corner of a post. If it is your thread, then the whole thread can be removed. But if it is just your reply in a thread, then just your post can be removed. And if your post gets quoted in another person's post, then flag that post as well, and ask to have your quoted portion removed.

This is the easiest and fastest way for the Mods to be able to get this done for you.

There is no way (that I have found) to remove groups of posts by a single member. The only way I have been able to do that in the past is when a member asks to have their account deleted. Only then can I also remove all of that person's posts. Otherwise, there is no easy way (that I know of) to remove someone's posts on this website.

Hope this help answer some questions.

Advertising

2. Mistyme

Mistyme Senior Member Plus

So maybe if instead of people having a ton of posts deleted maybe the answer is to just start a new?

1 person likes this.
  3. Kathmom07

Kathmom07 Senior Member Plus

edited to avoid a debate. waiting to repost elsewhere because hoping for resolution.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  4. Jamie

Jamie Senior Member Plus

This thread has nothing to do with all of that. This was just a quick way to let those of you asking about deleting post/threads, how to do it. Not a debate thread. Just a helpful thread.

5. JenniferM

JenniferM Senior Member Plus

awesome thanks! What I was doing was taking forever to edit each post and then bump it to be seen. I will just flag everything I want deleted now.

6. Kathmom07

Thank you Jamie, the information you posted does help. I wanted to reply to Mistyme (I felt she had a good point, I just had other thoughts to add, and otherwise there was no context for the unpaid members), however, I am sorry for bringing the debate here.

To the extent some of us wish to delete some posts while we are waiting on the question of the folders, is it possible to temporarily remove the site's 60 second waiting period on reporting posts? It sort of slows down the ability to report multiple replies and quotes in a single thread. Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  7. Jamie

Jamie Senior Member Plus

Interesting. I didn't even know we had that in place. I don't know how to change it, but I'm sure I can figure it out. I will look at that tonight.

8. Purple

Purple Senior Member Plus

Can we flag where we were quoted by other people and get that edited out, as well?

1 person likes this.
  9. Jamie

Jamie Senior Member Plus

Yes. I mentioned that at the bottom of the first paragraph.

10. Purple

Purple Senior Member Plus

Sorry missed it.

Thanks!

11. CathyAnn

CathyAnn Senior Member Plus

So much paranoia around here lately. :p

1 person likes this.
  12. Kathmom07

ummm... I am hoping you meant about unkind/mean posting intentions! :)

13. JenniferM

I am usually ok with stuff I post being online for anyone to see but when a strange man in Florida finds me on facebook to discuss by breasts cause something I posted here showed up in his email google alerts it kinda freaked me out :lol

14. Kathmom07

Okay, I missed the part about google alert in the other thread. holy cow.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  15. Mistyme

Mistyme Senior Member Plus

Question: what do you mean by google alerts? Are you talking about a google search? I only ask because google has alerts too (like for your calendar) so I was confused.

16. JenniferM

This was part of his message...

"I saw your question on DFW Area Moms. It came up in my daily Google Alert for "ther****phy." I was unable to reply to you in that forum, so I thought I would send my reply to you here. First let’s talk about your lump."

I *'ed out the word so it wouldnt go back to his daily google alert :lol I dont know why I am afraid of him seeing this! He was very nice and helpful.

I didnt even know what google alerts was, but I guess he gets them daily with anything with the key word!

17. Chera25

Chera25 Senior Member Plus

Ahhh, but like many other things - unless something is affecting/ can affect you personally, it's hard to understand. :thumbup

It's great that you do not have anything to be concerned about. :)

18. justagirl

justagirl Senior Member Plus

:yeah

When you get a random person contacting you or anything like that let us know.

19. justagirl

justagirl Senior Member Plus

Oh that is way too yucky. That would have creeped me out.

20. CathyAnn

CathyAnn Senior Member Plus

Jennifer- you have your Facebook link in your signature. ;)

1 person likes this.

Advertising