Chip stuck in my throat - how do I get it out?!

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Table' started by Chera25, Nov 12, 2009.

Advertising

Register to become a member. It's Free
  1. Chera25

Chera25 Senior Member Plus

This is driving me bonkers. lol It's been there for about 30minutes & I've hacked & gargled & coughed & spit & I canNOT get it out...

Any other ideas?! :nut

2. Advertising

3. Linz

Linz Guest

Drink something hot?

4. gigglezk

gigglezk Senior Member Plus

What kind of chip? If it's a potato chip, you need to drink lots of water slowly to get it soggy so that it'll dissolve. Do not gulp the water or drink it too fast because it'll just rush right past it or cause it lodge deeper into your throat. If it's a corn chip, the same thing should work. You can also eat something soft like jello or pudding to help get it down. HTH!

5. BostonMa

BostonMa Senior Member Plus

Ugh, just the thought of that is making me squirm! I hope you get it out soon!

6. Chera25

It's a small/broken piece of potato chip... I'm drinking a glass of warm water right now... lol

Thanks! :sigh :p

7. gigglezk

gigglezk Senior Member Plus

Yeah it should get soggy fairly quickly. Let me know if it works because if it does I owe one of my coworkers $5 because when we learned about this during training I laughed and said "no one ever asks stuff like this". Boy was I wrong, lol. The other day this little boy asked me if I got to ride on Chester Cheetah's motorcycle. He was so cute.

8. cookiemomster

cookiemomster Senior Member Plus

Eat something?

9. HollyGirl

HollyGirl Senior Member Plus

Oh no! Ouch!!!!!! :crap

10. Bri

Bri Senior Member Plus

Chera, even after it's gone, it will probably still feel like it's there. The spot where it got stuck could now be irritated and inflamed, and it can swell up a little bit. Feeling the swelling in that one spot can make it feel like there's something in your throat for hours, even when it's been gone for quite a while.

I'm sorry! I hope the feeling goes away quickly. I hate it when that happens! :hug

11. Chera25

Thanks for saying that, Bri! I'm pretty sure it's long gone, just annoying feeling now, so I'm sure you're right! lol

I tried everything listed here & one of Jeremy's friends said to drink soda to help dissolve... so I'm thinking a little bit of everything helped! lol

Thanks, everyone! :D

12. zhonn

zhonn Senior Member Plus

You might try eating a piece of soft bread.

Advertising