Arlington "Vaccine friendly" (none or modified schedule) doctor needed

Discussion in 'Reviews and Recommendations' started by jalex, May 7, 2011.

Advertising

Register to become a member. It's Free
  1. jalex

jalex Guest

My family recently moved from out of state to Arlington. I'm looking for a doctor that will respect our decision to not vaccinate or modify the traditional vaccination schedule. Family doctor or pediatrician is fine. I have read threads from others seeking doctors, but I'm hoping that maybe there are some choices in Arlington or within a 20 minute drive.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2011
  2. Advertising

3. stefakee

stefakee Senior Member Plus

Dr. Sharon Dennis She is off Matlock Road.
    It takes about a month to get your first appointment, if it's not a newborn. Get an early morning appointment if you can.. sometimes the wait is long. but worth it!!

My 3mo has not had a vaccine yet.. and she has never pushed it, or assumed we were getting them done.

4. jalex

jalex Guest

Have you actually discussed not vaccinating with her? I looked at her website, but I didn't see anything that necessarily indicated that she would be supportive of a parent's choice to vaccinate or vaccinate selectively/use alternative schedule.

5. stefakee

stefakee Senior Member Plus

Yup, she says it's my choice in what I do (not in a condescending way), and I sign a waiver at each appointment stating we spoke about vaccines but at this time I am not vaccinating.

She is a great doctor, and comes highly recommended by lots of moms/midwives =). I am not sure about the others in her practice, as I only see her.. but she is great. She sits and talks to you.. and doesn't run in/out of the room to the next person.
    She is cautious of my daughters slow weight gain - but has never mentioned formula, etc.

You can always schedule an interview with her?

6. jalex

jalex Guest

Thank for the info. I probably will schedule an interview. It would be nice to have a doctor so close to home and at a family practice.

7. abbie'smommy

abbie'smommy Senior Member Plus

If for any reason you need another one, Dr. Robert in Grapevine also does not care. :)

8. jalex

jalex Guest

Thank you. I'm still open for suggestions. I will probably interview 2 or 3 before making a decision. :)

9. abbie'smommy

abbie'smommy Senior Member Plus

Ok :) Well I can't recommend Dr. Robert enough. He's never batted an eye at me (or anyone I know) for doing whatever they want with vaccinations. :)

10. Lockstar25

Lockstar25 Guest

Does anyone know of a vaccine friendly doctor in Dallas?

11. PatriciaW

PatriciaW Member

I second this. We've(me) decided that we don't want to vaccinate LO#3, due in August, until 6 months, and then selectively vaccinate. We need one that will take medicaid/CHIPS.

Advertising