Anyone ever gotten a birthday cake from Whole Foods?

Discussion in 'Food and Nutrition' started by Megan, Apr 28, 2011.

Advertising

Register to become a member. It's Free
  1. Megan

Megan Senior Member Plus

Looking for reviews:)

Thanks!!

2. Advertising

3. Giovanna

Giovanna Senior Member Plus

Whole Foods has the best cakes ever. Their buttercream icing is amazing!

4. WendyH

WendyH Senior Member Plus

We have and it was fabulous! I tend to make my own cakes now, but if I were ever to buy a cake again that's the only place I would go.

5. hollyfred2002

hollyfred2002 Senior Member Plus

Cake is so easy to make, I can't understand spending what they charge at Whole Foods for one. I have had their cake to me and it was good, but I don't remember it being better than any other good cake (like a homemade cake). Costco has cakes that are just as tasty...maybe even better imo

6. zippity_38

zippity_38 Senior Member

I was at a friend's party and her cake was from Whole Foods and it was really great. You can tell they use real ingredients and not hydrogenated oils and all that junk. Ironically, my friend is a terrific baker, but didn't feel like making her own cake. The Whole Foods cake was her choice. I do think they're rather pricey, but if that's not a problem then I'd say go for it. Mmmmmmm...cake...

7. handsandfeet

handsandfeet Senior Member Plus

Yep, really tasty and nice that there's no nasty stuff in them. They are pretty expensive, but if you don't have time to make your own from scratch they are a nice alternative. No red dye #40 in their cakes!

8. Nikki

Nikki Senior Member Plus

Maybe for you :lol but not for me.
    I have to pay for mine. ;)

9. Jen5253

Jen5253 Senior Member Plus

I bought two cakes from Whole Foods for my mom's 50th birthday. One was their Chocolate Decadence cake and it was FABULOUS!! And the other was a carrot cake with lots of berries on top, and it was delicious too! Everyone at the party LOVED the cake.

Everything I've tried there has been delicious and I'd highly recommend them! :thumbup

10. Susan

Susan Senior Member Plus

I've had several slices from their deli but never purchased an actual cake. The ones I've tried were very good.

11. Megan

Megan Senior Member Plus

Thank you ladies so much. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I am a terrible baker and do not enjoy it very much, so I guess it is worth the money to be. The reason I decided to go with Whole Foods is due to the fact that we have pulled all artificial food dyes from my youngest child's diet. I need somewhere that will use natural things to color the icing. His birthday party is Sunday and I just wanted to make sure the cakes tasted good!

12. Nadal

Nadal Guest

I think the whole food cakes are the best with a better butter cream..!!
    I had a Black Forest Cake and a Chocolate Fudge Cake on my last birthday...!!!

13. Megan

Megan Senior Member Plus

I thought I would post my review:) I thought the cake was delish and so did the kiddos! My husband commented that the icing was not sweet enough. The actual cake part was really good and tasted very "homemade." I will be purchasing many more cakes from them in the future:) Here is a pic of the cake:

[​IMG]

Advertising