Follow Us On

Sponsored Links

VigLink badge

Go Back   DFW Area Moms > Local Resources > Shopping, Entertainment, Products and Services > Reviews and Recommendations

Notices

Register to become a member. It's Free!

Old 11-30-2007 Friday, 02:30 PM
ambhi

Alicia, I know a lot of ladies that do the threading out of their own homes.. as well as a few salons in several areas if you are interested.

I am glad to see this in the malls though, that is awesome!
Old 11-30-2007 Friday, 02:41 PM

Amber, I'm interested if you know anyone close to me (Park and Preston in Plano). I started seeing Zaibee in Feb of this year but shortly thereafter she started making changes to her business practices and I have not been happy with that. Please PM me if you have any info on threading near me.
Old 11-30-2007 Friday, 02:57 PM

I want to do the whole face one but I am scared I will grow a beard or something after a few weeks.
I know that's totally ridiculous.
Old 11-30-2007 Friday, 03:19 PM
Sounding Board

I am going to do this! I love to have my eyebrows threaded instead of tweezed. Thanks Chelsea for the heads up!
Old 11-30-2007 Friday, 03:26 PM

Thanks for the info i want to try this i would love to have the whole face one but like you i am afraid of getting a beard

http://laurartilley.blogspot.com/
Old 11-30-2007 Friday, 05:20 PM

It didn't really hurt, not as bad as waxing IMO, but the sound was a bit weird.. It did not leave that big red sore look around my eyes like "look at me, I just had my eyebrows waxed, now I am going to hole up in my house until the reddness goes away" It wasn't red or uncomfortable afterward at all..
Blessed with DD#1 (9) and DD#2 (7)
Old 11-30-2007 Friday, 05:44 PM

Is it weird to do this out in the open at a kiosk? I don't know, tweezing/waxing/plucking seems so private to me. Maybe I'm a weirdo. Facial hair really skeeves me out so maybe it's my own hang up.
Old 11-30-2007 Friday, 05:47 PM

I did my lip at Town East Mall and it has lasted for a while. Thanks for posting other locations!
Old 11-30-2007 Friday, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylie_twins+1 View Post
Is it weird to do this out in the open at a kiosk? I don't know, tweezing/waxing/plucking seems so private to me. Maybe I'm a weirdo. Facial hair really skeeves me out so maybe it's my own hang up.
If the mall had been crowded, I doubt I would have done it. But it was dead that day. And now that I have done it I probably wouldn't mind doing it on a busier day.
Old 11-30-2007 Friday, 10:29 PM

I want to try this! I have been eyeing the one at Stonebriar.
Old 11-30-2007 Friday, 10:51 PM

I don't know if I could do it out in the open in the mall. I was watching from the food court in Collin Creek last week as this women got it done and a crowd formed to watch.

As Mothers, we are building great cathedrals. We cannot see if we're doing it right. And one day, it is very possible that the world will marvel,
not only at what we have built, but at the beauty that has been added to the world by our sacrifices.
Old 11-30-2007 Friday, 11:07 PM

Last time i got it done was on SW corner of Parker and Custer and it was 8 bucks. Time before that was on the SW corner of Belt Line and 75 for 4 bucks.

I stopped going because I would always get a pimple in between my eyes afterwards! lol Don't worry... just MY luck.
Old 12-01-2007 Saturday, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuKeeley View Post
I'm with ya, Kristin! Let's fly out together!
I used to be pretty happy with my brows, but I can tell that as my face ages, my brows are dropping, so I may need help sooner than later!

I've always been curious about the threading, though! If I could totally trust someone to keep the shape right, I would definitely give it a try!
I have always loved your brows Bec!! You are one of the few girls I've had brow envy over!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2007 Saturday, 08:31 PM

I highly recommend threading! I've been doing it here in TN and I love it. I used to wax but my skin is so sensitive that I'd end up with blisters on my face for months at the time.

I'll have to check out the link posted so that I have a threader lined up as soon as we move.

Mom to India (6) and Kai (3)
Old 01-13-2008 Sunday, 09:20 PM

I just saw this thread & wanted to chime in! I LOVE threading & have been doing it for years. We moved here about 2 years ago & I finally found a decent threading place...Karizma salon off beltline (just west of midway). The ladies do a really good job & my brows are always fab! I don't know what kind of pain threshold you guys have, but it always hurts the hell out of me (but my face is really sensitive)! I love the fact that I can do it at lunch & won't be red & puffy, it's much more sanitary & cheaper than waxing! I get my brows, lip & chin done for $25 after tip & it lasts about 3 weeks...