Sponsored Links

Advertise on DAM

VigLink badge

Go Back   DFW Area Moms > Mind, Body and Soul > Health, Beauty and Fitness

Notices

Register to become a member. It's Free!

Old 02-28-2012 Tuesday, 03:42 PM

"Franken Wheat"

Here is a great article on gluten, and a good, short definition. Within: Gluten is the “sticky protein in wheat that holds bread together and makes it rise.” With double the chromosomes (28) of pre-genetically modified wheat, it is increasingly likely to trigger inflammation and celiac disease, which incites insulin resistance. Thus, it can cause weight gain and diabetes, in addition to more than 55 conditions including autoimmune diseases, irritable bowel syndrome, reflux, cancer, depression, osteoporosis and more.

I think this is so important to be aware of, considering then rapid increase in these health conditions. Article link:

Read more:http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwor...paign=fb-posts http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwor...#ixzz1nid0qwef

Sponsored Links
Register to become a member. It's Free!

Old 02-29-2012 Wednesday, 01:02 PM

I haven't read this article yet, but I will. We were once completely gluten free and it does make a difference. We are now gluten limited I would say. I am so glad we went gf for a while because it really opened us up to other foods. We now make pancakes out of a variety of things instead of just regular flour. In fact we found that if you make them with almond flour, they don't even need syrup or anything on them. It is this way with so many things in our household now. I still make whole wheat bread, but I also make my gf bread (because it's awesome and Indi's favorite), gf muffins, etc. I make gf cinnamon rolls that are better than any regular cinnamon rolls I have had. It has certainly broadened our pallette and I feel much better about not consuming gluten on a constant basis (which in the SAD, most people do and don't even know it).