Follow Us On

Sponsored Links

Advertise on DAM

VigLink badge

Go Back   DFW Area Moms > Family Life > All About Families > Bargains, Deals and Frugal Living

Notices

Register to become a member. It's Free!

Old 01-20-2011 Thursday, 05:11 PM
Sounding Board

Extreme Couponing - clipper services

I was watching some show that showed "extreme couponers" and at least two or three of them mentioned that they get their coupons through coupon clipper services. I kind of did an online search for them. Anyone do this and/or recommend or not recommend a particular company or website? How does it work?

Sponsored Links
Register to become a member. It's Free!

Old 01-20-2011 Thursday, 05:52 PM

thecouponmaster.com is the one that I've seen recommended the most. I've used it once.
Old 01-20-2011 Thursday, 06:07 PM

You pay for the clipping time in theory. I've used a few services, but only when there is an amazing coupon (like the $2.25 Finish coupon)

Mom to three girls
Old 01-20-2011 Thursday, 06:18 PM

I saw that show and was amazed at the deals those people got. I was also a little concerned by their stockpiles. Who needs 300 toothbrushes even if they are free? I was glad to see the one guy buy or use coupons for free cereal for a food bank. The next show will be Extreme Couponing Hoarders!
Old 01-20-2011 Thursday, 06:23 PM
Sounding Board

What channel is this on ?
Old 01-20-2011 Thursday, 06:56 PM

TLC--I've used a clipper service and ebay a while back, and it is great if you know what the good coupons are. It can be very cost effective to order them this way, but if you don't know what will be going on sale, you could just end up throwing away a lot of qs. I think I've used thecouponclippers.com. Reasonable prices and fast turnaround.
I love couponing, but I found that show a little disturbing. Some of those people seemed to be suffering from an addiction to coupons. The first couple especially could in no way, ever use all of that stockpile. There comes a point when you have to stop buying. I'm glad they showed some that had a more balanced approach, or were giving away to charity.

Last edited by Erica; 01-20-2011 Thursday at 06:58 PM. Reason: wrong clipping service
Old 01-20-2011 Thursday, 07:02 PM

No advice but I think extreme couponers are amazing. I wish I could be the diligent. I always cut the coupons and always forget to use them.
Old 01-20-2011 Thursday, 07:08 PM

The show made me mad. They have stock piles of crap that they're never going to be able to use.
But yeah, I'm one of those who clip coupons but forget to use them.
Old 01-20-2011 Thursday, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle View Post
I always cut the coupons and always forget to use them.
You have to keep them in a binder & take it with you every time. The really serious ones use baseball card holders in a 3 ring binder and plan their trips ahead of time. The ones on the TLC show are super crazy (with the exception of the lady who only bought what she needed) and a lot of it was set up. There is no way that any store would let you buy in those quantities.

I'm trying to get back to using my coupons more, but it can be exhausting sometimes. CVS / Walgreens are great for building a free stockpile, but you have to basically work out your plan ahead of time. Its sort of like a mini math test to make sure you don't end up spending out of pocket when you are trying to roll rewards / ECBs.

Mom to three girls
Old 01-20-2011 Thursday, 07:31 PM
Sounding Board

I found the show a little disturbing as well. However, I have gotten coupons off eBay that were a really awesome deal and saved me tons of $$ on products I normally buy. The only thing that made me wish I had of their stockpiles was the.... TOILET PAPER. My kids use a roll++ a day and that expense adds up quick because I refuse to buy cheapy TP -- I have to have SOFT lol
Old 01-20-2011 Thursday, 07:41 PM

I watched that and was amazed. I really liked the last 3 people that get stuff, but don't hoard it. The first person really disturbed me with her rooms and rooms of stuff. I like that the guy was donating stuff.
Old 02-08-2011 Tuesday, 07:28 PM

I do a little couponing, but my sister should have been on the show. She stock piles but only things that she will use. Never run out of Deoderant, toothpaste, toilet paper, etc. She keeps 1 or 2 extras and then knows when they are low to get a couple more, nothing out of hand like "some on the show".
People don't realize, but randalls, krogers and others with their own cards... you can download coupons to the cards themselves and still use paper coupons as well; buy an item on sale and the cost is significantly less than walmart.
Don't cut them and forget to use them... it does take a little time and math, but the savings will pile up and it does become a challenge. But do something with the money saved - take a trip, something extra for yourself etc. You will start to feel it, quicker than you think.
Old 02-08-2011 Tuesday, 08:31 PM
Sounding Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmb View Post
People don't realize, but randalls, krogers and others with their own cards... you can download coupons to the cards themselves and still use paper coupons as well; .
For the same item? I did not know this. Thanks for the tip
Old 02-09-2011 Wednesday, 05:16 AM

thecouponclippers.com, is a good one.

Its very nice to have a small stockpile- but some people totally over do it. It's easy to do as you are learning. We still have some shampoo/cond. that got at least a year ago b/c i overbought. There is a balance to buying/stockingup.
Old 02-16-2011 Wednesday, 11:57 AM

I have a stockpile. I'm an extreme couponer. I have 18 bags of Goldfish crackers and 10 bags of Kettle chips because they were super cheap. I've got about 3 years worth of deodorant and about 10 razors that I got for free. I donate a lot too. I only buy stuff that we will use, and then I buy things that I can get for free with coupons to add to my donation bin. When the bin is full, I take it to Allen Community Outreach, and then start over. It's a really fun hobby! I love it! I put my shopping trips on my blog. It's also got pictures of my binder!