Follow Us On

Sponsored Links

Advertise on DAM

VigLink badge

Go Back   DFW Area Moms > Family Life > Motherhood and Parenting > Pregnancy and Childbirth

Notices

Register to become a member. It's Free!

Old 04-23-2009 Thursday, 06:56 PM
wizardofozzz

37 Weeks 5 Day, 50% Effaced, 1 cm Dilated, Etc... (Update in #8)

So, I'm 37 weeks and 5 days pregnant with my second baby! My c-section is a week and three days away (May 4th). While I'm throughly enjoying the last bit of what may be my last pregnancy, I'm also a bit excited and anxious to meet our new little guy. Even though I'm having a c-section, party of the excitement is the waiting game and seeing my body progress towards labor.

Speaking of which, I have been 50% effaced for a couple of weeks. Yesterday, my OB said I was 1 cm dilated. I've been having non-painful contractions for months, but they have become more intense and sometimes even painful/crampy feeling. Until today I didn't think that baby had dropped, but now I'm wondering. Baby seems to be resting more on my lap when I sit down, I can hardly pee, and my mother thinks my belly looks lower. So, who knows. Maybe I won't make it to my c-section date.

What do you guys think? Any old wives tales or predictions? I've heard that you body goes through these changes closer to labor with a non-first pregnancy.

Last edited by wizardofozzz; 04-27-2009 Monday at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-23-2009 Thursday, 07:05 PM

If you go in to labor before your c/s date, will you have him vaginally?
Old 04-23-2009 Thursday, 07:37 PM
wizardofozzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2J08 View Post
If you go in to labor before your c/s date, will you have him vaginally?
Nope. I have some health problems that require a c-section (even though I didn't have one last time). As long as I can get to the hospital in time, I'm having a c-section. I don't have much of a choice and have come to accept the idea.
Old 04-23-2009 Thursday, 09:51 PM

There is a new moon on Sat and i have heard that full moons and new moons bring on labor... something about the change in gravitational pull..... the next full moon is not until may 9th....So i will place a bet on Sun... is that a good day for you?
Old 04-24-2009 Friday, 03:28 PM
wizardofozzz

New Moon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia9043 View Post
There is a new moon on Sat and i have heard that full moons and new moons bring on labor... something about the change in gravitational pull..... the next full moon is not until may 9th....So i will place a bet on Sun... is that a good day for you?
Oh!! I totally forgot to look into the moon situation. Sunday would be perfect. Last night was especially miserable and today I just feel huge, uncomfortable, and like I can't take this elbow in the belly button for another day! I'm mentally done with pregnancy and ready to have this baby ASAP.
Old 04-27-2009 Monday, 12:25 PM

Hope you are doing ok, thinking of ya!!!
Old 04-27-2009 Monday, 01:03 PM

Charles was right on due date and I had to be induced, but Samuel--I was having a planned C-section and he came 2 1/2 weeks before the scheduled date.

You never know!

Old 04-27-2009 Monday, 07:23 PM
wizardofozzz

Update

I went for a walk last evening, as I usually do. It was a short walk though. I wasn't feeling up to my full route. I sat down the watch a movie and noticed I was having contractions every ten, fifteen, or twenty minutes. No big deal, right?

Before bed I had a nice long talk with baby about how we're ready to meet him, what a wonderful family he's going to be a part of and how exciting the world is. I turned on my ipod book and waited to fall asleep (I swear audio books in ipod are awesome).

Thankfully it was a night where I slept a full hour at a time before having to get up to use the bathroom - rather than my every thirty minute routine lately. Every hour I noticed that I was having contractions that we very crampy feeling. As the night progressed, so did my crampy contractions until they were every 5 to 7 minutes at 6am. I started to think that this might actually be "it". So, I got up to shower and get ready for the day. But my warm shower took away the crampy feelings and I was left with my regular painless contractions which continued throughout the morning while becomming further and further apart.

My hips continue to feel as though they are almost out of joint. I'm doing qute the waddle now and lying down/getting up is really quite painful. So, I went on another walk tonight. Maybe the whole thing will repeat it's self tonight. Or maybe Baby will just stay put until the 4th. Either way, it's okay. I'm just getting a little bored now that my to-do list is mostly finished.
Old 04-27-2009 Monday, 07:41 PM

Hang in there!!!!
Old 04-27-2009 Monday, 08:14 PM

Ugh! I remember the hip pain well! So glad you are taking in the last days of your pregnancy and trying to enjoy them!

Hope all goes well whenever baby comes!
Old 04-27-2009 Monday, 08:20 PM

you have a great attitude! For me, I prayed and prayed to go into labor and not have to anticipate my scheduled C/S. It was so much better to have it happen somewhat unexpectedly.

Wife to Matt (8.01)
Mommy to Wesley (7.31.05), Austin, and Micah (4.23.08) and sweet Tyler James (11.23.10)