Follow Us On

Sponsored Links

Advertise on DAM

VigLink badge

Go Back   DFW Area Moms > Local Resources > Shopping, Entertainment, Products and Services > Reviews and Recommendations

Notices

Register to become a member. It's Free!

Old 02-26-2013 Tuesday, 05:23 PM

GMC Owners- need advice!

Hi Ladies,

I'll be getting a new vehicle before too long, and for whatever reason, I'm in love with the GMC Acadia. Like crazy in love. But my husband does NOT want to buy a GMC, and my Dad is not a fan either. Do any of you own the Acadia? Has it caused you any problems? Would you buy it again if you could do it all over again? Thanks!

Wifey to Brad and momma to the munchkin (3/21/14) + 3 incredible rescues

Sponsored Links
Register to become a member. It's Free!

Old 02-26-2013 Tuesday, 05:49 PM
Sounding Board

My neighbor had an Acadia. I'm not terribly sure of the details, but she did have a problem with it and ended up trading it in...for another Acadia.

Old 02-26-2013 Tuesday, 07:02 PM
Sounding Board

I had a GMC Yukon I loved... had it 5 years and never a problem. I have heard that the Acadia has reliability issues... I looked at them for myself because I too love the look and size of them and I had such a great experience with my Yukon. I'm too chicken to go for it based on the reliability issues. I plan to get a Buick Enclave this fall instead... they drive amazing, better reliability than the Acadia and they have the lay flat third row seating.
Old 02-26-2013 Tuesday, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondiggity View Post
I had a GMC Yukon I loved... had it 5 years and never a problem. I have heard that the Acadia has reliability issues... I looked at them for myself because I too love the look and size of them and I had such a great experience with my Yukon. I'm too chicken to go for it based on the reliability issues. I plan to get a Buick Enclave this fall instead... they drive amazing, better reliability than the Acadia and they have the lay flat third row seating.
I'm looking at the Enclave too, but the Acadia is so much better looking!

Wifey to Brad and momma to the munchkin (3/21/14) + 3 incredible rescues
Old 02-26-2013 Tuesday, 10:55 PM
Sounding Board

I the Enclave. My mom has one...I have a GMC Yukon XL and love it...going strong at 105,000...
Old 02-27-2013 Wednesday, 09:20 AM

I've been driving my Acadia for 17 months now and love it. Great interior for someone who likes a minivan interior, but doesn't want a minivan. Performance is just fine for me, and no problems.

Old 03-07-2013 Thursday, 05:07 PM
Sounding Board

I have a 2011 Acadia that we got Nov 2010 and have had no mechanical issues with it. There are a few inside parts that I think they cheaped out on as the plastic is flimsy (floor vents in 3rd row, center console etc), but not sure about the new style they are coming out with. I was totally in love with it until James Wood flubbed the hail repairs and now it's leaky when it rains